Crispy Sweetpotato Fries with Blue Cheese Dressing
- 5 pounds sweetpotatoes, about 7, cut into 1/2-inch matchsticks
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- For the Blue Cheese Dressing:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 pound blue cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 450º Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil; spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine sweetpotatoes, oil, flour and salt; toss until well-coated.
- In a single layer, spread sweetpotatoes on foil without overcrowding. Bake until cooked and crisp, about 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Repeat with remaining sweetpotatoes.
- To make Blue Cheese Dressing: In a blender, place sour cream, buttermilk, half of the blue cheese, onion, lemon juice, Worcestershire, garlic, salt and hot sauce; whirl until smooth. Remove to bowl. Add remaining cheese; mix with spoon.
Number of servings (yield): 8 (4 cups of dressing)