Sweetpotato Foil Packet Tacos
Winner in the 2011 Sweet n’ Healthy Blogger Recipe Contest; Perry’s Plate
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 3 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 15- ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 pounds sweetpotatoes, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes (about 2-3 medium)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1-1/2 cups fresh chopped spinach
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground meat. Stir in taco seasoning, tomato sauce and beans; set aside.
- Lay out six 12-inch long pieces of aluminum foil; spray each piece with non-stick spray.
- In the center of a piece of foil, place 1 cup of sweetpotatoes, 1 teaspoon butter, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/4cup spinach, 1/3 cup taco meat and 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Fold sides of foil in over the mixture; fold the top and bottom ends of the foil inward and seal. Repeat with remaining foil and ingredients.
- Place packets on rimmed cookie sheet; bake until sweetpotatoes are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream or guacamole.
Number of servings (yield): 6