SWEET POTATO COCONUT GINGER ENERGY BITES (NO BAKE)
Developed by Sarah Schlichter, MPH, RDN for the North Carolina SweetPotato Commission
Total time: 45 minutes
Yield: 12-15 bites
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 3 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp ground ginger (can use ¾ tsp for more ginger flavor)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well combined.
- Place bowl in fridge to firm up (about 20 minutes).
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove dough and portion into snack-sized bites.
- Gently roll bites into shredded coconut and place back in fridge for 15-20 more minutes (or the freezer for 10 minutes)
- Remove from fridge and enjoy for a pre run snack!
Note: These will last up to a week in the fridge.
Recipe analyzed for 14 servings