Sweetpotato + Chorizo Hash with Eggs
Recipe by Coley Cooks. Start your morning deliciously with Sweetpotato & Chorizo Hash with Eggs. Yours truly adds a sweet balance to the spicy chorizo. Dust with some smokey paprika for a breakfast home run that is sure to satisfy any morning cravings.
- 3 ounces Spanish chorizo, diced
- 1 medium onion, any color, diced
- 3 medium sweetpotatoes, diced
- 1 heaping teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425 F degrees. Line a large sheet pan with parchment.
- Combine chorizo, onion, and sweetpotatoes with 1 teaspoon salt, pepper to taste, and olive oil. Toss to coat, then spread out into an even layer on the pan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Stir, then bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until browned and crisp.
- Carefully crack the eggs over the hash, being sure to leave a bit of room around each one. Season each with a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Bake until the whites are set but the yolks still runny, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with scallions and serve immediately.