- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups unpeeled coarsely grated sweetpotato, 1 large, about 8 ounces
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350° Lightly grease large baking sheet.
- In medium bowl, beat together sugar and butter. Add eggs; beat well.
- Add flour, baking powder, orange zest and salt. Beat on low speed until combined.
- Fold in sweetpotato, walnuts, and coconut.
- Divide dough into two equal pieces. With oiled hands, shape each piece into a log about 2 inches by 11 inches. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake until firm and golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack; cool 15 minutes.
- Trim thin slice from ends of logs. Cut logs into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Place slices on 2 ungreased baking sheets with cut side down. Bake 12 minutes. Turn and bake until crisp and golden, 10 to 12 minutes longer.
- Cool completely. Store in tightly covered container.
Number of servings (yield): about 4 dozen biscotti Nutrition per serving (2 biscotti): 116 calories; 16 g carbohydrates; 1 g dietary fiber; 4 g total fat