Created exclusively for NC SweetPotato Commission by San Juan Cafe - Wilmington, NC
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 2 medium sweetpotatoes
- 1 medium russet potato
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Peel potatoes and cut into 2 inch cubes and boil until soft.
- Put oil and garlic in a small saute pan- cover and put in oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until soft and amber colored.
- In a small dry sauce pan toast the cumin until it turns 2 shades darker then add heavy cream, and butter and bring to a simmer.
- Once your potatoes are soft, strain and put them into a bowl- add cream and roasted garlic.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and mash.
- Finish with fresh cilantro.