Created Exclusively for NC SweetPotato Commission by
Savorez Mexican Restaurant
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup fresh roasted corn kernels
- ½ cup cooked white beans without liquid
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- 10 grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup red wine vinaigrette
- ½ cup queso fresco, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub and peel the sweet potatoes. Cut the potatoes into 1-inch cubes.
- Place the sweet potatoes and oil in a large bowl.
- Use a spoon to stir and toss sweet potatoes to cover with oil.
- Spread sweet potatoes on a large baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven until potatoes are browned and tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and cool.
- Place roasted sweet potatoes, roasted corn, white beans, avocado, jalapeno and tomatoes and the red wine vinaigrette into a large bowl. Gently toss to coat the vegetables with the dressing, being careful not to mash avocados.
- Divide mixture among two serving dishes. Scatter queso fresco over the salads.
Recipe analyzed for 2 servings