Roasted Sweetpotato And Poblano Salad
Winner in the 2011 Sweet n’ Healthy Blogger Recipe Contest, Budget Bytes
Calories: 210Print Recipe
- 2 large poblano peppers
- 2 large sweetpotatoes, about 2-½ pounds, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 14- ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn kernals, thawed
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Preheat broiler to high; line baking sheet with foil. Spray peppers with non-stick spray; place on baking sheet 4 inches below broiler. Roast until skins are blistered and black, about 15 minutes on one side and 5 minutes on the other side. Remove peppers to a bowl; cover with plastic wrap; set aside to cool.
- Set oven to bake at 400°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sweetpotatoes, olive oil, cumin, salt and half of the cilantro; mix well. Spread sweetpotatoes onto baking sheet; roast in oven until tender, about 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Meanwhile, peel peppers, cut off their stems and remove the seeds. Cut flesh into 1/2–inch squares.
- Remove sweetpotatoes from oven, set aside until cool, about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine sweetpotatoes, peppers, beans, corn, onion, lime juice and remaining cilantro; toss gently. Serve warm or cold.