Mary’s in the Root Cellar Again
Created by Mark Weddle, Traveled Farmer, Greensboro NC
- 1.25 oz Oaklee Distilling Company’s Boots Vodka
- 2 oz Bloody Mary Mix
- 1 oz Roasted Sweet Potato Puree
- In a large rocks glass, build the cocktail in the order listed. Try to layer the sweet potato puree on top if possible.
- Garnish with celery, lemon, roasted sweet potatoes and bacon.
Roasted Sweet Potato Puree
- 3-4 sweet potatoes
- 0.5 cups water
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, prick holes in 3-4 sweet potatoes and roast for 1 hour. Allow to cool and remove the flesh from the skin.
- Place the flesh in a blender or food processor with salt, pepper and slowly add water while blending until smooth. Store in an airtight container, shelf life is 48 hours.