Dirt Candy Salad
Recipe by The Asbury’s Executive Chef Chris Coleman for the NCSPC
- 1 orange sweet potato, peeled, medium dice
- 1 white sweet potato, peeled, medium dice
- 1 purple sweet potato, peeled, medium dice
- 4 baby hakeuri turnips
- 4 baby beets
- 1 french breakfast radish, shaved thinly
- baby swiss chard leaves
Roast all veg until tender by wrapping in individual foil pouches with salt and a pinch of sugar. Allow to cool, dip each piece in lime yogurt (recipe follows) then coat in “dirt” (another recipe to follow), and arrange on a serving plate. Toss the radish and chard in a little olive oil and lime juice and arrange artfully around veg.
- 1 tablespoon sorghum molasses
- 1 lime
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
Caramelize sorghum over medium heat, cooking until it is dark brown and very sweet smelling. Deglaze with fresh lime juice. Allow to cool, then mix thoroughly with greek yogurt.
- 2 slices pumpernickel bread
- 1 slice sourdough
- 1/4 cup dehydrated olives
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon pistachios, toasted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
Toast bread until dry. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and resembles soil.