Sweetpotato Summer Rolls
- 2 1/2 cups North Carolina sweetpotatoes
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tsp Sesame
- 3 tbsp Maple syrup
- 4 sticks Celery
- 1 Red pepper
- 2 tbsp Creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup Hot water
- 1/4 cup Soy cooking cream or cream
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 12 sheets Rice paper , 22 cm. diameter
- 2 tbsp Chopped, roasted peanuts
- Coarse pepper
- Peel the sweetpotatoes and cut into 1 cm thick strips.
- Fry them carefully in hot olive oil while turning for about 3-4 minutes, sprinkle with sesame seeds, deglaze with maple syrup and boil down briefly. Season and let them cool down.
- Wash and clean the celery and peppers and cut them into strips.
- Mix peanut butter with water, cream and soy sauce to a smooth sauce.
- Let rice paper sheets swell according to package instructions.
- Spread strips of sweetpotato, celery and paprika on the top half of a sheet of rice paper. Drizzle with some sauce, fold the lower half over the strips, then the edges.
- Do the same with the other leaves and sprinkle the summer rolls with chopped peanuts. Serve with the remaining sauce.