Savory Sweetpotato Bacon Galette
Recipe developed by Chef Mary Jayne Wilson of Amelie's French Bakery & Cafe in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- 4-5 North Carolina sweetpotatoes
- 4 slices Bacon, raw
- 1 Whole onion, diced
- 5 oz Pate brisee, or your favorite pie dough
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Roast 4-5 sweetpotatoes until tender. Let cool enough to handle.
- Dice 4 slices of raw bacon and add 1 whole diced onion and cook until bacon starts to get crispy and onions become translucent.
- Mix bacon and onions with sweetpotato mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Roll out 5 oz of pate brisee (or your favorite pie dough), to about 8 in.
- Add 1 lb of the sweetpotato mixture to the dough. Fold edges of the dough around the sweet potato, keeping the middle open and the filling visible.
- Bake at 375 F for 15-20 min until dough is golden brown.