Roasted Sweetpotato Risotto
- 2 medium sweetpotatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 4 cups hot vegetable stock, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups arborio rice, 12-ounce package
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1-1/2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Peel sweetpotatoes and cut in half. Cut half the sweetpotatoes into ¼-inch diced and set aside. Cut the remaining sweetpotatoes into 1-inch chunks; toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and roast until soft, about 30 minutes.
- Puree sweetpotatoes in a food processor with ¼ cup chicken stock; reserve
- In a large saucepan, heat remaining 3 tablespoons oil; sauté onion and small diced sweetpotatoes over medium high heat. Cook until softened but not browned, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and arborio rice and cook 2-3 minutes stirring frequently.
- Stir in wine. Cook, stirring until completely absorbed.
- In the same manner add hot stock, ½ cup at a time, stirring until each addition is completely absorbed and stock is used up.
- Add sweetpotato puree, rosemary, thyme, butter and Parmesan.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Number of servings (yield): 4 Nutrition per serving: 494 calories; 8 g protein; 68 g carbohydrates; 4 g dietary fiber; 20 g total fat