Recipe courtesy of Chef David Roland, The Grove Park Inn Resort, Asheville, NC
- 1 medium sweetpotato
- 1 sweet, mild onion, such as Maui or Vadalia, coarsley chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, coarsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¾ cup sliced, julienned country ham
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel sweetpotato; cut into ¼-inch cubes; blanch in boiling, salted water until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in omelet pan; sauté onion and bell pepper until tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in cooked sweetpotatoes and ham; sauté 1 minute. Add butter.
- Beat eggs and season with salt and pepper. Pour eggs into omelet pan and stir with a fork. Cover pan and cook about 3 minutes to set egg. Uncover and place pan under hot broiler until top of frittata is firm, about 1 minute.
- Loosen with a rubber spatula and slide onto serving plate. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Number of servings (yield): 4