Summer Grilling with Sweet Taters
King of the grill? Starts with sweet, ends with tater! As Half Baked Harvest said, “If you’ve never grilled sweet potatoes before, prepare to be amazed. The amount of flavor the grill adds to the potatoes is so good.”
Here are 5 easy ways to enjoy your sweet potatoes on the grill:
- Simple Seasoning – Well Plated‘s Sweet & Spicy Grilled Sweet Potato Fries are simply delicious. Tossed in a sweet, smoky combo of brown sugar and chipotle chile pepper, these fries are an easy go-to side dish for simple summer entertaining.
- Flavorful Pairings – Camille Style‘s Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges drizzled with Chimichurri takes the simple fry one delicious step further. By cutting the taters into thick wedges, they’re the perfect hand-held dippers that’ll avoid any party messes. While we love sweet taters dipped into any and all condiments (spicy mayo, anyone?), this zesty chimichurri might be our new summer favorite!
- Tossed & Healthy – Joyful Healthful Eats‘ Grilled Sweet Potato Salad is a great way to use up your leftover grilled spuds. Tossed with crispy bacon, charred scallions and a tangy honey mustard dressing, this savory salad is a great healthy side dish to bring to your next summer shindig!
- Healthy Twist on a Classic – Fit Foodie Finds‘ Grilled Sweet Potato Pizzas have us swoooooonin’. Only three ingredients and you’ll be enjoying these mouthwatering pizzas in 30 minutes or less. Try getting creative with your toppings – pesto, olives, pineapple, why not!
- Piled High on a Party Platter – Pinch of Yum‘s Grilled Sweet Potato Nachos are everything. While you certainly can’t go wrong with chips and melted cheese, adding loads of grilled veggies make these THE ultimate party nachos. Hands down crowd pleaser!
Have you tried sweet potato on the grill yet? Don’t miss out on trying this new summer favorite and remember to tag us on Instagram at @sweet_taters!