Sweet Southern Lady
Created by Sam Etheridge of Ambrozia, Asheville, NC
- 1 sweetpotato
- 1/4 of a lemon
- 5 fresh sage leaves
- 1/2 oz sorghum vanilla syrup
- 1 oz rye whiskey
- 3/4 oz brandy
- 1 candied sweetpotato skin slice
- Juice sweetpotato (with the skin on) and lemon (with rind off). Add juice to a pot and bring to 185-190 degrees F.
- Add sorghum vanilla syrup to pot, then remove from heat.
- Muddle four sage leaves and place in a small strainer. Place strainer over mug and pour whiskey and brandy over the sage through the strainer. Repeat for the sweetpotato juice.
- Garnish with one candied sweetpotato strip and one expressed sage leaf.
Note: the candied sweetpotato skin slice is a peeled skin strip, which is dipped in maple syrup and dehydrated.