Creamy Peanut & Lime Sweet Potato Slaw
Recipe Developed by: Tessa Nguyen, RD, LDN
Shredded sweet potatoes dressed with peanut butter, lime and cilantro whip up into a low cost, diabetes friendly side dish.
8 servings, ~½ cup servings
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 4 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and julienned and cooked al dente
- In a large bowl, whisk together peanut butter, rice vinegar, lime zest and juice, honey, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Gently fold in cilantro and julienned sweet potato until well combined.
- Refrigerate slaw for at least 30 minutes before serving chilled.
- Use sunflower seed butter, almond butter or any other nut/seed butter to accommodate for any food allergies or taste preferences.
- It’s optional to garnish the slaw with crushed peanuts and additional cilantro, if desired.