North Carolina SweetPotato Commission Foundation
In 2001, the North Carolina SweetPotato Commission Foundation was chartered as a 501 (c) 3 entity. The charitable, research and educational activities conducted through grants and gifts benefit North Carolina’s sweetpotato industry in the following ways—
- Developing a clear understanding of consumers needs and expectations
- Collaborating with researchers and developers for value-added products at the retail and foodservice levels
- Seeking out opportunities with major food manufacturers to increase sweetpotato processing within the state
- Improving retail marketing programs to boost sales during “Off Peak” seasons
- Researching and applying for grant opportunities to fund projects that benefit the industry and consumers which includes food safety, research as to the health benefits of sweetpotatoes, market research and development, and development of economic models for farm profitability and sustainability
Grantors to the NCSPC Foundation include:
- Specialty Crop Block Grant (2009-2010)(2015-2016)(2020)
- North Carolina Tobacco Trust Fund Commission (2007, 2011)(2019)
- NC Department of Justice (2007)
- NC Rural Economic Development Center (2006)
- Golden LEAF Foundation of NC (2001-2006)
Foundation Board of Directors Contact List
Rob Hill, President
Tull Hill Farms
2264 Hugo Rd.
Kinston, NC 28501
Dewey Scott, Vice President
7965-A Simpson Rd.
Lucama, NC 27851
Lyn Vick, Secretary-Treasurer
11124 Christian Road
Wilson, NC 27896
CEG Farms Inc.
997 Matthews Mill Pond Rd.
Angier, NC 27501
Jones Family Farms
7094 Honeysuckle Lane
Bailey, NC 27807
J Roland Wood Farms
2500 Beasley Rd.
Benson, NC 27504
936 HWY 258 South
Snow Hill, NC 28580