Campaign for Excellence
Kendall Hill, Chairman
Jimmy Burch, Sr.
The campaign is a partnership between The NC SweetPotato Commission (NCSPC) and the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at NC State University to raise monies for investment in the Henry M. Covington Endowment for Excellence in Sweetpotato Research and Extension.
What is the Henry M. Covington Endowment?
The Covington Endowment provides perpetual funding for research and extension support to the sweetpotato industry at NC State University through competitive grants directed by the board of the NC SweetPotato Commission.
Aggressive research programs and strong extension support are essential to maintain the North Carolina’s sweetpotato industry’s leadership in the global market. Today the Covington Endowment is assisting an interdisciplinary research and extension team that not only addresses problems such as “internal necrosis’ but insures our strength, diversity and commitment to excellence.
Invitation to Donate
How can I be a part of the campaign?
- Make a cash gift payable over a 1 – 5 year period.
- Donate land, equipment, or other real property, possibly gaining significant tax benefits and/or income for retirement or your heirs.
- Become an Endowment Founder! Establish your own named endowment providing perpetual support for sweetpotato research and extension.
What are the benefits of being a donor?
- All gifts to the campaign are fully tax deductible.
- NC State professionals can work with you and your advisors to identify ways for major gifts to create lifetime income for you and/or your heirs.
- All contributors will be recognized through industry and college publications for their leadership.
- Major donors will become members of NC State Giving Societies and receive associated benefits.
- Each gift makes a difference in ensuring that North Carolina’s sweetpotato industry continues to grow and thrive.
Gifts to the Covington Endowment operate under the auspices of the North Carolina Agricultural Foundation, Inc. a 501(c)3 non-profit, Tax ID: #56-6049304. An official receipt will be mailed for your records, acknowledging the tax-deductible portion of your gift.
For More Information
NC Agricultural Research Service
Campus Box 7645
Raleigh, NC 27695-7645
The North Carolina SweetPotato Commission is committed to supporting its growers and increasing sweetpotato consumption through education, promotional activities, research and honorable horticultural practices among its producers.