Board of Directors
The North Carolina SweetPotato Commission is managed by the Board of Directors, which is elected by the members of the commission each January at the Annual Meeting. These twelve directors, who serve a rotating three-year term, are growers, packer-shippers or processors who are actively involved within the sweetpotato industry. The Board is responsible for:
- Conducting the business of the North SweetPotato Commission
- Employing the Executive Director
- Carrying out the referenda
- Enforcing the observance by its members of all provisions of the Charter and By-Law
2020 Board of Directors
- Brent Leggett, President | Leggett Farming Partnership
- Rob Hill, Vice President | Tull Hill Farms
- Kim K. LeQuire, Secretary / Treasurer | Kornegay Family Farms & Produce
- Clay Gardner | CEG Farms LLC
- Craig West | West Family Farms Partnership
- Dewey Scott | Scott Farms
- Frank Howell |Howell Farming Co., Inc.
- Jim Jones | Jones Family Farms
- Johnny Barnes|Barnes Farming Corp.
- Lynwood Vick | Vick Family Farms Partnership
- Michael Wood | J. Roland Wood Produce
- Scott Sullivan |Sullivan Farms, Inc.