6 Spring Salads We’re Sweet On
Warmer weather, earlier sunrises, later sunsets, and of course, fresher, lighter fare. Spring is a wonderful time to start introducing salads back into your meal repertoire. By simply tossing in sweetpotatoes, a light side salad can transform into a satisfying and healthy lunch or dinner. Not to mention, sweetpotatoes are a great accompaniment to a wide range of salad flavor profiles from power greens to southwestern, sweet and fruity to zesty and spicy.
- Sweetpotato & Black Bean Salad with Toasted Cumin Citronette – Created by Chef Vivian Howard, this bright salad is packed with flavor: cilantro, mint, goat cheese, pepitas, avocados, sweet taters and more all tossed in a zesty vinaigrette. Best part? Dice your ingredients up even smaller and you’ve got a delicious salsa for chips or tacos!
- Sweetpotato, Pea and Feta Salad – If this salad isn’t the epitome of spring, then we don’t know what is! Nourish Everyday mixes spinach, roasted sweetpotato, fresh peas, creamy feta and a sprinkle of crunchy nuts for one delightful salad. Bright and beautiful, this salad is a winner in our books!
- Southwestern Kale Power Salad with Sweetpotato, Quinoa & Avocado Sauce – Looking for a hearty salad that will deliver on nutrients too? Look no further. Cookie + Kate‘s power salad is the perfect blend of spicy sweetpotatoes, crunchy kale, protein-packed black beans all drizzled with a creamy jalapeno avocado dressing. Yes, please!
- Griddled Sweetpotato, Mint and Chili Salad – Boy oh boy, we’re a huge fan of grilling sweetpotatoes! Not only do they look beautiful all charred up, but they’re perfectly delicious too. Shared by The Happy Foodie from Shelina Permalloo’s “The Sunshine Diet,” these grilled sweetpotato planks can be a great addition to any salad!
- Chipotle Lime Chicken and Sweetpotato Salad with Jalapeño Vinaigrette – Yes, yes, yes. Half Baked Harvest outdoes herself with this salad combo! Chipotle chicken, matchstick sweetpotatoes, avocado, fresh mango and a mouthwatering jalapeño vinaigrette makes this salad swoon worthy.
- Kale and Roasted Sweetpotato Salad – Celebrating Sweets takes a twist on a classic. Crushed croutons, shaved parmesan, shredded kale and roasted sweetpotatoes all tossed in a lemon-garlic vinaigrette. This sure is one salad to celebrate about!
What’s your favorite sweetpotato-inspired salad? Tag us on Instagram and you could be featured on our handle!